Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holiday Horror!

Oh doctor, thank you so much for fitting me in today! I know you therapists must be so busy during the holidays. There is just so much pressure. So many parties, so little time!


I can't tell you how relieved I am to see you, though. I'm just beside myself! I haven't had a good night's rest in ages! Every time I drift off to sleep, the same dream grips me!


No no, darling. Not that dream. The holiday nightmare! You remember... the one where the North Pole is under martial law because the snowmen have gone completely crazy!


I don't mean 'crazy' as in "Let's have a purple aluminum Christmas tree this year, dear" or "Oh, look at these festive True Blood themed ornaments!" I mean truly, psychotically insane!


Oh the horrors I have witnessed, darling. Murder! Mayhem! Homicidal maniacs, every last one of those snowmen! It's not funny, doctor! It's terrifying!


Charged with riot control, my fellow reindeer had to employ desperate measures to establish order. Normally, I don't mind a nice frosty drink or dessert, but I must say, devouring Frosty himself... chilling!


Just as we start to eat the snowmen, that's when the giant goldfish swoop down and carry us off. Rescue? Perhaps, doctor, but those dead black eye spots and those fixed grins... who knows what they are planning!?


Oh, doctor, the horror of it all! Even now whenever I hear a snow blower, I swoon and call for my nephew to bring the smelling salts. Well, of course I know we're in Florida, but still!


Yes, darling, perhaps you're right. No more snow cones before bedtime, and cut down on the cheesy fish crackers. Ah yes, and a nice warm hug. I feel better already!


All of the snow horror picture poses, the giant goldfish, and the final hug pose is the brilliant work of master therapist and amazing Reindeer Pajama maker Katharine McGinnis of Intrigue Co. The fabulous goldfish come as both a carousel and as riding mounts!

Sadly, the 'charity' behind the benefit this post was supporting, the Superhero Epilepsy Combat Syndicate, is a sham. The leader, Epileptic Dreddmor, raised an estimated $500 on behalf of the Epilepsy Foundation from benefits and direct donations over the course of several months. Unfortunately, no money ever made it to the Epilepsy Foundation. When pressed, she admitted this and later it was discovered all the money was gone and she had used it for her own interests.

Many generous people donated their time, items, and money in an attempt to help the Epilepsy Foundation. One person's selfish actions do not diminish the good intentions of those she took advantage of, and I applaud every one of the creators and kind people who tried to support what they believed was a worthy cause.

As for me, I learned a great lesson: never put efforts into something that isn't 100% transparent and honest. If something smells fishy, it is fishy.

I apologize for my association with the S.E.C.S. and urge everyone to be wary of the level of support they show this group and it's leader.

~~~~~

(To keep my already long story posts from being painfully longer, credit details are in the comment section below, or you can find credits to specific pictures on my Flickr Page. A directory of SLurls can be found here.)

2 comments:

  1. Credits:

    Therapist scenes:

    Dress/hat: Sonatta Morales - Potsdamer Platz
    Glasses: DECO - Swank Glasses, Licorice
    Stockings: The Rural Route - Varicose Veins with Support Pantyhose
    Shoes: Paper Couture - Platform Pump, black
    Rings: Paper Couture - Diamonds and Pearl, Leather Blossom
    Earrings: Paper Couture - Black Pearl

    Couch/Chair: RC Cluster - Dr. Shrink set



    Kissing scene

    Hair: Bliss Couture - Halllie, Vanille
    Glasses: Donna Flora - Brenda Glasses, sky
    Jewelry: Donna Flora - Blue Sky
    Dress: Icing - Cloud 9, Blue
    Gloves: VictoriaV - Long Satin Gloves, white
    Hair Comb: Dark Mouse - Nouveau Diamond

    Pose: Just A Pose - Midnight (Lovely animated kiss - another Props and Poses Fair Item!)



    Nightmare scenes:

    Intrigue Co. - Reindeer PJs


    Location: Christmas Gone Wrong - which I think is already gone =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. edith, you have outdone yourself. i absolutely LOVED this! if there was a "like" option, i'd "like" it again and again. thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of this.

    ReplyDelete